Thursday, May 9, 2013

Baby P2 Update

I'm 38w2d today, so about 2 or 3 weeks left to go!  Eliza was born 8 days after her due date, so if I had to guess, I'd guess that I'll go late, but who knows!  We are more or less ready for her to come (if one is ever ready!?), so I'm not too worried either way.

Overall, this pregnancy has been wonderful, and has been very similar to my pregnancy with Eliza.  I have loved being pregnant and I know I've been SO lucky.  I count my blessings; I know it is not so easy for some women.

I go in on Monday for my next appointment, I'll be nearly 39 weeks.  I don't plan to have my midwife check my cervix until 40 weeks, though.  No need, in my opinion.  UNLESS I'm having contractions or something!  I had a NST on Friday and baby passed easily and quickly, so that was a good feeling.

I'm hoping for a waterbirth, just like we tried for last time.  I know it's out of my control... but I really hope labor is more progressive and a bit faster this time around.  That will help get me through naturally, I think.  I feel like I did great for the first 10 or 12 hours in labor with Eliza, so if baby can come in that amount of time, I think I'll be able to do it.  Eliza was born after about 15-16 hours of labor, which wasn't horrible, but it just wore me out and by 2:00 in the morning I needed an epidural to get me to relax and progress.  I have no regrets about her birth (of course!) and I am happy with the decisions we made.  Just hoping for more efficient progression this time, that's all.

My labor support team will be my midwife, my mom and of course my hubby :)  I couldn't ask for a better team, and I know I can trust the advice and care I will receive.  It's a great feeling, and makes me not stress at all about going into labor or giving birth.  I'm feeling so grateful for the amazing mama I have. Being the daughter of a midwife finally has perks when you're an adult... I'm sure my pre-teen/teenaged self would scoff at this and not believe it could ever be true, but it turns out, it is! :)

I'm hoping to finish up the nursery soon so I can post a few photos.  It's a sweet little room.  We didn't do anything fancy, and reused many of the things from Eliza's nursery.  I just love it and have enjoyed every minute of getting ready for our new baby girl!  The anticipation is so much fun.

Because it's in my nature, I have been somewhat stressed out lately.  My poor mother has had to hear me whine and complain about many topics - and they have all been fairly insignificant things, to be honest. I've just had a way lately of letting my mind get away from me and it's caused me to worry and obsess about things that, well, just aren't things one needs to or should worry about.  First world problems much?  Yep.  So, trying hard to focus on what's really important (enjoying this time with Eliza, relaxing my body and getting enough sleep in preparation for L&D, and picking out a name for this baby, for instance), and not obsess over things that are not (how clean/not clean my house is, whether the cat gets a haircut before I go into labor, whether we have a car seat adaptor for the stroller, how many onesies/CDs/disposable dipes/wipes/etc. we have/will need, etc... I could keep going, but I won't!).  It's normal, but MAN, it sure makes me feel crazy!!!

I'll update again soon - and geez, this blog has been lacking in the pictures department lately!  I'll try to remedy that, as well.



No comments:

Eliza's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 5 ozs
Going home: 7 lbs 10 ozs
5 days: 7 lbs 13 ozs
2 months: 12 lbs 6 ozs
4 months: 17 lbs
5 months: 18 lbs 12 ozs
6 months: 20 lbs 13 ozs
9 months: 24 lbs 3 ozs
12 months: 26 lbs 13 ozs
15 months: 28 lbs
18 months: 29 lbs 3 ozs
2 years: 32 lbs
3 years: 34 lbs

Alice's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 11 oz
2 Months: 13 lbs 10 oz
4 Months: 17 lbs 15 oz
6 Months: 20 lbs 4 oz