Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Day in the Life: Wednesday

(My first Day in the Life post was here: it kind of got pushed down due to my WW post)

Eliza woke up at 6:30 this morning - not so bad!  I stayed in bed for about 15 minutes trying to wake up falling back asleep on and off until 6:50 when I finally dragged myself into the kitchen to make coffee.  Eliza and hubby were playing for a bit before he had to leave.  He left a little late today, around 7:15 or so.

After we said bye bye to dada, we went into the kitchen and got breakfast ready.  Oatmeal for Eliza and cereal for me.  We also split a peach.  Eliza ate all of the raisins out of her oatmeal first, which I always laugh at.  I am also a "miner" when it comes to food - hubby likes to accuse me of mining all the good chocolate or other yummy candy chunks out of ice cream.  It's true, I'm totally guilty of that - sorry honey!

After breakfast, we had some time to kill before we had to be out the door for music class.  We leave at around 10:00 or so, and it was only 8:00 by this point.  So we got dressed and went outside to play.  It was a beautiful day today, and the morning was cool and breezy.  We discovered our just-bloomed lilies (see WW post!), sat at the picnic table for a bit, where Eliza enjoyed playing with my cell phone (yes I have a totally outdated phone-only cell phone, don't laugh!), and had a nice chat over (iced) coffee, heheh... and just played around outside until, somehow, like 2 hours had passed...

Then it was time to leave for music class.  We take a weekly Music Together music class and today was our third class.  I like it, and I think Eliza does too, but I think it was WAY overpriced.  Oh well - it is what it is, but I don't know that I'd sign up for another session.  I've been surprised to see Eliza act so shy and timid at these classes - she is usually SO outgoing and not shy at all around other kids and parents.  It's weird, and I can't figure out why, but she just buries her head in my shoulder and won't let me put her down.  She eventually warms up, but it takes a while!  At the end of class, all the kids line up (well, sort of) to get a rubber stamp on their hands.  This is a highlight for Eliza - today's stamp was a ladybug.

Still a little wary - she was afraid to go right up to the teacher for her stamp.

Then it was time for nap, so we headed home and Eliza fell asleep about 11:40 or so.  I ate lunch while Eliza napped and checked my email, and then I realized that I should have checked my phone because my BFF was in town apartment hunting (that's where I was yesterday, btw, from 12:30-4, looking at apartments with her - so fun!!!) and was going to come over if she had time before she had to go to the airport.  Of course I missed her text, but I called her and she was still nearby so she came over.  We chatted a while and Eliza woke up at 1:10.  Eliza ate lunch while we watched her and talked some more.  Then we just played and hung out in the house and - yes - talked some more!  We can do that... a lot :)  At about 2:30, she had to head to the airport so we had to say goodbye.  But only for a month or so - she is moving back here from the west coast, and we are SO. EXCITED. to get her back!  So, saying goodbye wasn't so hard today.

Eliza has a sour face on, but she really loves her Auntie/Godmama Ashley :)

After she left, Eliza and I went to water the tomatoes.  She loves helping me drinking out of the hose sprayer:

It was getting really hot and sunny outside so we went inside to cool off.  We played around the house some more...

Holdie-Outie Fail

Someone knows they are not supposed to be standing on the toilet...

One of our favorite past times: sitting on the kitchen floor eating sorbet from the container!

My mom called and said she was picking up pizza from our all-time favorite Neapolitan pizza place, Punch, and we should come over for dinner.  YUM!  I asked her to pick one up for hubby, too.  So we jumped in the car and went over to my parents' house.  Eliza played with Grandpa and me (and the kitties), and Grandma got there soon after with the pizzas.  We ate dinner and then Eliza had a little time afterwards to play with Grandma before we had to get home.


Man-handling a Mango

We got home right as hubby pulled up, so we had perfect timing.  After he ate his dinner, it was time for the usual: bath time, diaper and PJs, books, nurse.  She was asleep tonight by 7:40.  

Now I'm sitting on the couch with a glass of wine.  Heading to bed early tonight with my Kindle (I'm reading 'The Help')!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I like these - it's like reading a little comic book about your life! Are you liking "The Help"? It's on my list (I can have a list now!!)!

Eliza's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 5 ozs
Going home: 7 lbs 10 ozs
5 days: 7 lbs 13 ozs
2 months: 12 lbs 6 ozs
4 months: 17 lbs
5 months: 18 lbs 12 ozs
6 months: 20 lbs 13 ozs
9 months: 24 lbs 3 ozs
12 months: 26 lbs 13 ozs
15 months: 28 lbs
18 months: 29 lbs 3 ozs
2 years: 32 lbs
3 years: 34 lbs

Alice's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 11 oz
2 Months: 13 lbs 10 oz
4 Months: 17 lbs 15 oz
6 Months: 20 lbs 4 oz