Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Day in the Life: Thursday

Our day started at 6:05 this morning.  I was draaaaaging.  I was really, really tired this morning.  I'm usually able to get up and wake up relatively quickly, but this morning I will it admit, it was rough.  It was definitely an Elmo's World morning.  I laid on the couch half asleep with Eliza while she watched an episode we have on DVD.  I finally managed to wake up enough to check my email and blogs.  

After we said goodbye to hubby, at around 7:00, I made us breakfast (scrambled eggs and strawberries) and then we got dressed.  I wasn't able to do the dishes because Eliza was a little clingy and whiny this morning, so I just left them in the sink/on the counter and snapped a photo of them instead of washing them - ha!  Then we went outside to water the plants.  My window boxes (well, mainly just this one) have totally exploded this year!  I'm in love with my window boxes.  My dad made them for me the summer after we moved into this house.


This morning we had plans to go visit a close family friend, Marce - she is my dad's godmother and she just celebrated her 90th birthday.  She is a hoot.  I of course forgot my camera, which I was really bummed out about, I really wanted to get her photo with Eliza.  We had a nice time visiting with her.  My mom brought Star.bucks and muffins and we chatted and chased Eliza around her PRISTINE house.  She has a gorgeous old house and it hasn't been changed since like the 1950s.  It's amazing, and full of awesome, kitschy knick-knacks (that I constantly had to keep Eliza away from!) and SO SO CLEAN.  Every one of the four bedrooms is always ready for guests, with clean sheets on the beds and not a spec of dust ANYWHERE.  It was amazing.  Eliza had a fabulous time, Marce loves Eliza, and she gave Eliza a fancy little purse.  It must now come everywhere with us, of course.  Haha, isn't it so cute how she carries it on her elbow?


After nap, we went to an indoor playground - it was in the upper 90s today, and the heat index was over 100, so I welcomed the air conditioned play area!!!  Eliza really likes this place, and she is getting old enough to run around and play by herself in some of the areas (when the place isn't crawling with tons and tons of kids, that is), so I let her be for the most part, and it was cool to watch her interact with the other kids and explore the place on her own.  She enjoyed the bounce house most of all!  Afterwards we walked through the building the playground is housed in.  They have a little indoor conservatory/garden area there with a pond and a waterfall.  Eliza learned about throwing pennies into the pond, thanks to a sweet elderly couple sitting on a nearby bench - they were giving out pennies to all the kids to throw into the pond.  Eliza took like 10 of them and got all excited with each throw.  It was sweet. 


While we were there, Eliza took a little tumble down a step, so when we got home, a Hello Kitty band-aid for her knee was in order. 


Then we spent the hour before hubby got home playing with Eliza's toys (indoors), and reading books.  Since it was so hot, I didn't want to turn on the oven to cook dinner (I figured we were paying to cool the house, why would we turn on the oven and heat the place up?), so hubby picked up dinner on his way home.  Sweet! 


Then it was the usual bedtime routine, and Eliza was asleep by 7:30.  After she was in bed, I put a load of laundry in, picked up the house a little bit, checked email/twitter/fb for any word of our friends' new baby's arrival (well actually, I've been doing that obsessively all day long, haha), and poured myself a glass of wine (same bottle as yesterday - we don't go through bottles and bottles of wine around here, don't worry!!).  Now I'm going to watch an episode of Glee and then it's off to bed.

Good night all! 

No comments:

Eliza's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 5 ozs
Going home: 7 lbs 10 ozs
5 days: 7 lbs 13 ozs
2 months: 12 lbs 6 ozs
4 months: 17 lbs
5 months: 18 lbs 12 ozs
6 months: 20 lbs 13 ozs
9 months: 24 lbs 3 ozs
12 months: 26 lbs 13 ozs
15 months: 28 lbs
18 months: 29 lbs 3 ozs
2 years: 32 lbs
3 years: 34 lbs

Alice's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 11 oz
2 Months: 13 lbs 10 oz
4 Months: 17 lbs 15 oz
6 Months: 20 lbs 4 oz