Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Recap

We had a wonderful, full, relaxing, fun Christmas.  I always get a little sad when Christmas is over - I just love it so much - the time with family, the cheery feeling that comes with any holiday (for me)... and this year, watching Eliza enjoy her second Christmas made it all even sweeter.  So I feel a little bummed that it's all over and we have to wait a whole year for it to come around again!

We spent a lot of time with both of our families; Christmas Eve was spent with my family, Christmas Day with hubby's family.  We stayed a couple of extra days with hubby's family, which was really nice (especially for Eliza - she had a great time!) and very relaxing for us - there were so many babysitters around (heheh!) :D.  I got to catch up on sleep - for some reason Eliza slept GREAT while we were there (AND, she didn't wake up earlier than 6:30 when we were there.  She usually gets up at 5:30 when we're home - WTH??!!).  And then I also got to sleep in while Daddy and Nana played with Eliza each morning.  It was heavenly.  We also did some really fun things while we were there like visiting the aquarium, going out to eat, and going to a really huge Christmas lights display.  It was so much fun, and we can't wait to take Eliza back - she had a wonderful time with her Nana and Pop Pop!

She loved the dump truck!

Mama, I do not want to sit here with you there are toys to play with!

The shirt says it all: best gift ever.  So true.

Checking out the tree at Nana's house with two of Eliza's cousins

Playing in the new tunnel from Nana and Pop Pop

Looking at the Christmas lights display from the Ergo - I don't think she was a fan of being all bundled up, but we were warm!

I hope everyone had a peaceful and happy Christmas, and I hope you are still enjoying the fun of the season - in my opinion, Christmas isn't over until after the new year!!

1 comment:

Abby said...

Christmas is so especially fun seeing it through their eyes. =) E is such a cutie - so glad I got to see her tonight! =) Hope the sleeping in thing gets better!

Eliza's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 5 ozs
Going home: 7 lbs 10 ozs
5 days: 7 lbs 13 ozs
2 months: 12 lbs 6 ozs
4 months: 17 lbs
5 months: 18 lbs 12 ozs
6 months: 20 lbs 13 ozs
9 months: 24 lbs 3 ozs
12 months: 26 lbs 13 ozs
15 months: 28 lbs
18 months: 29 lbs 3 ozs
2 years: 32 lbs
3 years: 34 lbs

Alice's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 11 oz
2 Months: 13 lbs 10 oz
4 Months: 17 lbs 15 oz
6 Months: 20 lbs 4 oz