Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011

It's January 1st!  The beginning of a new year.  And as with any new beginning, there are feelings of hope and excitement for what lies ahead.  I am looking forward to watching my baby grow into the toddler that she is quickly becoming and seeing her engage her world even more than she already is.  She gets smarter by the day - I can't even imagine what she will look like and what I will be writing about her one year from today at the start of 2012!

2010 was an amazing year for us; such a full, happy year - I can't wait to see what 2011 holds.  I hope it measures up! ;)  As hubby said this morning: "each year has just gotten better and better" (with the exception of 2008 - that year kinda sucked), and he's right.

Though I've never been the type to set new year's resolutions, I do have a few modest goals for 2011, including staying on track in my program (writing my Special, finishing my coursework this year, hammering out a plan for my dissertation), focusing more on my relationship with hubby, being more present in each moment (and not worrying about what else I should be doing), building up our savings account, and last but not least, taking more time for me (now that Eliza is becoming a bit more independent and can stay longer stretches with Daddy or Grandma and Grandpa!).

Thank you for following my story and reading about my little bunny, Eliza - I've appreciated every single comment over the past 2.5 years!

Happy New Year, everyone!!

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

Happy new year and good luck with your goals!!

Abby said...

Happy New Year, Ella! =)

Jessie said...

Awesome resolutions! Happy new year!

To A T said...

Wishing you the best in 2011! I just KNOW you'll accomplish your goals Ella!!

Eliza's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 5 ozs
Going home: 7 lbs 10 ozs
5 days: 7 lbs 13 ozs
2 months: 12 lbs 6 ozs
4 months: 17 lbs
5 months: 18 lbs 12 ozs
6 months: 20 lbs 13 ozs
9 months: 24 lbs 3 ozs
12 months: 26 lbs 13 ozs
15 months: 28 lbs
18 months: 29 lbs 3 ozs
2 years: 32 lbs
3 years: 34 lbs

Alice's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 11 oz
2 Months: 13 lbs 10 oz
4 Months: 17 lbs 15 oz
6 Months: 20 lbs 4 oz