Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween

Obligatory and super cute sibling photo: 


My little bee and my wizard fairy.

Eliza chose the wizard costume when she was staying with her Nana and PopPop early in October.  It's a costume that Andy's sister wore!  Last night, when it was time to leave for trick or treating, she decided to put her fairy wings on and she called herself a wizard fairy! I loved how creative she was about it. It was so sweet. 

Then off we went to meet some neighborhood friends to go trick or treating together. It was so memorable. I have never gotten "into" Halloween very much, but wow, having kids and watching them (well, just Eliza so far!) enjoy it and get so excited about it... It has completely changed my mind about Halloween. I officially love Halloween as a parent. As a college student? Not so much, but now -- definitely. 


I can't wait to watch this little bee of mine grow up and pick out Halloween costumes!



It was a fun night. And after just one block, Eliza told me she was ready to go home - ha! I think she was so completely amazed at how much candy she had already gotten, she wanted to go home and look at it all (and have a piece or two, which we let her do - yes, before bedtime :). 

Then, today we asked her how she thought we should handle all this candy -- we'd talked about how our family shouldn't eat it all and how it would make our bodies unhappy if we did. So we talked and she decided it would be nice if we chose one piece of candy for dessert for a few days, and then daddy could bring the rest to his office to share with his coworkers. It was SO reasonable of her! I was really blown away. I guess I give her too little credit! She understood that she really should not eat all that candy, and she was even ok with it. So on Monday daddy will bring all the candy left in the house to work with him.

I am so proud of my big girl, and I had a lot of fun celebrating Halloween with her. Can't wait to jump into the Holidays with my two girls! This parenting thing just keeps getting better, doesn't it?

No comments:

Eliza's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 5 ozs
Going home: 7 lbs 10 ozs
5 days: 7 lbs 13 ozs
2 months: 12 lbs 6 ozs
4 months: 17 lbs
5 months: 18 lbs 12 ozs
6 months: 20 lbs 13 ozs
9 months: 24 lbs 3 ozs
12 months: 26 lbs 13 ozs
15 months: 28 lbs
18 months: 29 lbs 3 ozs
2 years: 32 lbs
3 years: 34 lbs

Alice's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 11 oz
2 Months: 13 lbs 10 oz
4 Months: 17 lbs 15 oz
6 Months: 20 lbs 4 oz