Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Alice Rose, 5 months

These people think they can use me as a prop to get their kicks?  Shame!

Alice turned 5 months old on October 25th.  Trying to keep these monthly updates going!  REALLY TRYING HARD, you guys. 


Alice is rolling both ways now, and is quite pleased with this new found ability.  It was pretty funny - literally the next day after I posted that photo post about how pissed off she gets when she's on her belly, I found her half way across the living room after I'd put her down - she'd rolled her way like 5 feet in one direction!  So, that's been a nice development for her; less of Teh Madness.


She's not quite sitting up yet, and even her tripod sitting is kinda wobbly.  So I think we have a while to go yet on that front.  I do sit her up against the Boppy, which she really seems to enjoy.  I think she's going to be really pleased when she can sit.  You know, the view is just so much better sitting upright than it is laying on the floor!


She's nursing, obviously, I mean she's only five months old so perhaps that goes without saying.  But just for the record books, she's nursing and doing it about every 3-4 hours, sometimes more.  Overnights are going pretty well, she's waking to nurse 2-3 times.  Some nights are better than others and I wake up with hope in my heart that every night will be like that, but then she promptly blows that thought out of my head the next night.  So, it's up and down, but meh, what can you do?  She's a baby.  Babies are just biologically programmed to sleep like crap.  I'm sort of ~over~ obsessing about it.  (until next month)


Alice makes the cutest little sounds in her sleep.  I like to call her a dramatic sleeper.  I remember Eliza being a dramatic yawner - like she made the most dramatic yawning sounds whenever she was tired... and Alice does a similar thing in her sleep.  I hear her take a deep breath and then let it out loudly, and with a sound, too.  It's so cute!  Random, but just had to throw that in there.


When offered milk from a bottle, Alice is a champ - she's so chill about it, too.  "A bottle? Of milk? HELLS YES!"  Or something like that.  Anyway, yay, the baby will take a bottle.  Now we just need to actually take advantage of this amazing party trick sometime soon.  Yes, it's true, we've yet to go on a post-baby, sans-baby, date.  For shame.  It will happen soon, I promise!  (I just said that to my husband, so thought I should put it in writing here too.)


Alice, you just rock.  You're so awesome and friendly, so happy and sweet, so cuddly and... and... all baby like.  I just adore you and your baby ways.  You make me want another baby.  If all babies were this easy, I'd have a house full.  Unfortunately, you small humans are not inexpensive, and adorable baby-ness doesn't pay the mortgage, folks.  If it did, I'd be rich.


Mama loves you, sweet baby girl.  You light up my days, I would hold on to you forever if the universe would let me.

(Oh, and ps I'm sorry your footie pjs have a hole in the toe, and that I didn't discover it until AFTER you'd been out in the cold with your little toe just sticking right out in the back of the cold car!)


No comments:

Eliza's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 5 ozs
Going home: 7 lbs 10 ozs
5 days: 7 lbs 13 ozs
2 months: 12 lbs 6 ozs
4 months: 17 lbs
5 months: 18 lbs 12 ozs
6 months: 20 lbs 13 ozs
9 months: 24 lbs 3 ozs
12 months: 26 lbs 13 ozs
15 months: 28 lbs
18 months: 29 lbs 3 ozs
2 years: 32 lbs
3 years: 34 lbs

Alice's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 11 oz
2 Months: 13 lbs 10 oz
4 Months: 17 lbs 15 oz
6 Months: 20 lbs 4 oz