Monday, March 4, 2013

"I QUIT!"

Eliza has been such a big helper lately.  She loves trying to find things to help with around the house.  The other day, she successfully switched the laundry for me - put the dry laundry in the laundry basket, and then put the wet laundry from the washer into the dryer.  BOOM.  We've made it.  The girl can do stuff for us.  USEFUL STUFF!

One of the other tasks we commonly ask her to do is to put away the clean silverware from the dishwasher.  So yesterday I asked her to do this as I was putting away the rest of the dishes.  She was reluctant at first, which was unlike her, but I told her I needed her help and this was one of "her jobs" that we expected her to do when we asked her... I went on and on about how we need her help, she's a part of the family, etc... blah, blah, blah, Mom Talk, blah, blah, blah.

In the middle of my soliloquy, she looks up at me and says - totally seriously - "MOM? I QUIT!"

I could hardly contain my reaction - it was so freaking hilarious!  They are not kidding what they say about the similarities between 3-year-olds and 13-year-olds.

(Yes, I followed up with lots more Mom Talk... don't worry.  But seriously?  It was so funny.  I almost just threw my own arms up to declare the same thing.  I feel 'ya, kiddo! :)

2 comments:

Summer said...

That is so funny! But that is awesome news about helping with the laundry! I was just thinking this morning about making Eddie feed Sammy on a regular basis and wondered if he was too young to start that . . .

Jessie said...

Ahahaha! Oh, how I wish that was a viable option! You can't blame a smart little girl for trying.

Eliza's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 5 ozs
Going home: 7 lbs 10 ozs
5 days: 7 lbs 13 ozs
2 months: 12 lbs 6 ozs
4 months: 17 lbs
5 months: 18 lbs 12 ozs
6 months: 20 lbs 13 ozs
9 months: 24 lbs 3 ozs
12 months: 26 lbs 13 ozs
15 months: 28 lbs
18 months: 29 lbs 3 ozs
2 years: 32 lbs
3 years: 34 lbs

Alice's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 11 oz
2 Months: 13 lbs 10 oz
4 Months: 17 lbs 15 oz
6 Months: 20 lbs 4 oz