Tuesday, November 13, 2012

P2 Update

In the grand tradition of second babies, I have not updated as much about poor little P2 here as much as I did with Eliza.  It is so true what they say about not having the time to focus on (or sometimes even remember!) your second pregnancy.  

However, it doesn't mean that I am any less excited or in love with this little bean:

12w3d ultrasound - Profile of head/upper body, and those really intense jaws!
Our first trimester screening was yesterday and we got quite a long look at this little one.  Eliza came along and I looked at her face when the baby popped up on the screen and it was priceless.  She smiled and laughed and when the baby kicked and wiggled she said "the baby is dancing!".  This is such a fun age and I'm so glad she understands what is going on and is excited.

We won't get our results back until next week, but preliminary results were positive.  I know many couples choose not to do this screening; Andy and I choose to have it done because, in short, we want as much data about our babies as we can.  If there was something different about our baby, if he or she had down syndrome, knowing now would help us plan and prepare - emotionally, mentally, medically.  We'd rather do that now than later.  So, that's why we choose to do it.

Anyway.

Here's teh belleh on Saturday before Andy and I went out on a date - that right there is crazy to me, because I didn't look like that until 19 weeks with Eliza!


I'm feeling great and things are going well.  I could not be more grateful!

3 comments:

Ash said...

I'm glad everything is going so well!

Dawn said...

Yay!!!

Christine said...

Aww! What a cute little bean! And you look adorable with your baby belly! :-D

Eliza's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 5 ozs
Going home: 7 lbs 10 ozs
5 days: 7 lbs 13 ozs
2 months: 12 lbs 6 ozs
4 months: 17 lbs
5 months: 18 lbs 12 ozs
6 months: 20 lbs 13 ozs
9 months: 24 lbs 3 ozs
12 months: 26 lbs 13 ozs
15 months: 28 lbs
18 months: 29 lbs 3 ozs
2 years: 32 lbs
3 years: 34 lbs

Alice's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 11 oz
2 Months: 13 lbs 10 oz
4 Months: 17 lbs 15 oz
6 Months: 20 lbs 4 oz