Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A Sprinkle for Simon

When we moved, I didn't know how quickly and how wonderfully life would change.  Along with a beautiful new house, we have had the great fortune to meet some very kind new friends.  I knew a number of them before we moved, actually, but being in the same neighborhood as many of them has been such a refreshing change, and such a gift.

This weekend I had the honor of hosting a little baby "sprinkle" for one of these women.  It's her second baby, a boy named Simon due around the first of the year.  I know second baby showers are uncommon (at least in these parts!), but since none of us knew each other when we all had our first babies, it feels like we're going through this pregnancy stuff - including baby showers - for the first time together.

I had so much fun doing this for her.  And selfishly, I loved the chance to throw a little gathering in my new house.  I love it here and am proud to invite people over now.  I had a lot of help from my dear family and two other mutual friends - without them it would not have been so successful or fun (and it certainly wouldn't have been so tasty!).

Here are a few pictures of the day (well, okay, mostly the pictures are of the food :)









It was a lovely afternoon and I think everyone had fun.  We played two shower games, the Safety Pin Game, and a lively round of Baby Jeopardy!  My mom made her famous turtle cake, and people raved about it.  It really is the best chocolate cake in the entire world.  Thanks Mom!!

I hope I get to attend and host many more of these events in the future.  What a happy occasion to gather together and celebrate.

Can't wait to meet Baby Simon!


No comments:

Eliza's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 5 ozs
Going home: 7 lbs 10 ozs
5 days: 7 lbs 13 ozs
2 months: 12 lbs 6 ozs
4 months: 17 lbs
5 months: 18 lbs 12 ozs
6 months: 20 lbs 13 ozs
9 months: 24 lbs 3 ozs
12 months: 26 lbs 13 ozs
15 months: 28 lbs
18 months: 29 lbs 3 ozs
2 years: 32 lbs
3 years: 34 lbs

Alice's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 11 oz
2 Months: 13 lbs 10 oz
4 Months: 17 lbs 15 oz
6 Months: 20 lbs 4 oz