Friday, August 6, 2010

Forgive me while I ramble.

Everyone in my house is sleeping right now.  Both cats are zonked out; they've turned themselves upside down with their paws in the air and their bodies are bent in odd ways, all cat-like and lazy.  Baby girl is asleep (I can see that cute butt sticking up in the air from where I sit) in her crib  - and we're going on 1.5 hours now, so I better make this quick - and here I sit in the quiet.  It's nice.  I usually keep the radio on or at least the doors and windows open so the daily hum and chatter of the city can filter in, but today I decided not to.  I realized that - besides sleeping - I am rarely surrounded by complete silence.

That's odd, isn't it?  Life can be so noisy, and we don't even realize it.

I'm not used to being awake in the silence.  I'm so unaccustomed to it that it stood out to me today, and I felt the need to share.  I'm kind of enjoying it right now, mostly because I know it will be shorted lived, and soon my girl's beautiful voice will fill the silence with her happy coos.

Speaking of coos.....

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Eliza's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 5 ozs
Going home: 7 lbs 10 ozs
5 days: 7 lbs 13 ozs
2 months: 12 lbs 6 ozs
4 months: 17 lbs
5 months: 18 lbs 12 ozs
6 months: 20 lbs 13 ozs
9 months: 24 lbs 3 ozs
12 months: 26 lbs 13 ozs
15 months: 28 lbs
18 months: 29 lbs 3 ozs
2 years: 32 lbs
3 years: 34 lbs

Alice's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 11 oz
2 Months: 13 lbs 10 oz
4 Months: 17 lbs 15 oz
6 Months: 20 lbs 4 oz