Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Five Months

Dear Eliza,

Today marks five whole months since you entered the world.  I thank my lucky stars every day.  November 14th was the best day of my life.  Although, it's hard to say that for sure because there have been many many days in the last five months that have rivaled even that beautiful day I gave birth to you.  I know I keep saying this over and over again, but, Eliza, you are my world and I am just in awe of how deep my love runs for you.  You have come into my world and shown me why I was put on this earth.  Being your mama is the most deeply satisfying, fun and important job I have ever or will ever have, I know that for sure.

We have so much fun, you and I.  I already feel so connected to you... sometimes it even feels like we have been connected for years... and finally, five months ago, your little body made it to earth.  It's a strange feeling, and some might call it weird, but it is so strong that I just can't deny that it's there.  It's like I was always meant to be your mama and you were always meant to be my daughter...

  • You have been very busy this past month.  You have started to explore life outside of our house, and so far you love it.  When we sit outside, you just stare at everything, carefully focusing on trees, grass, or kids playing in the street.  We love watching you, it's like we can see you learning things!
  • You still don't like your car seat, though you are becoming somewhat more tolerant of it... you no longer cry every time we go somewhere in the car.  Mama will take what mama can get!
  • You are rolling both ways now!  You definitely seem to prefer rolling from your back to your tummy, though.  
  • You are a breastfeeing champ, you looooove mama's milk!  You eat about every 3-4 hours or so, sometimes sooner if you just need a little mama love :)  I'm so happy you like it so much, because I love it, too.
  • You love toys, even though you only have a few.  You are so happy to sit and play with mama and a toy or two.  By far, Sophie is your favorite; she is an important part of your day.  I don't know what you would do without your Sophie.  Daddy thinks we should have a "Sophie II" on hand just in case something happens to Sophie I!
  • You are close to sitting up, you are practicing it a lot these days.  You are pretty good at "tripod sitting" already. 
  • You sing and talk and coo and make allllll kinds of sounds, you are such a happy girl!  We love listening to you talk to us in the mornings.  You certainly have a lot to say - it will be so fun when you start REALLY talking to us!
  • You still aren't a big fan of drinking mama's milk from a bottle, but that's okay.  You are calm and content now between feedings, so it's not so hard to leave you for a few hours with Grandma and Grandpa while I run errands or go have dinner with your daddy.  We're still working on the bottle, and you will take it sometimes... you're just a very picky girl when it comes to your milk, I guess.  :)
  • You are wearing cloth diapers all the time now, and you've moved up into size Medium... although I think at the rate that you are growing, it won't be too long before you're wearing size Large!?
I know there must be more... but that's all I can think of and you are waking up from your afternoon nap, so it's time to go snuggle you for a bit while you wake up.  I love you, Eliza, and I can't wait to see what the next month holds for us!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

What a great letter. I don't know if you saw it or not, but I found out the other day that you can have your blog (+ comments) printed into a book. Something you may want to do when she gets older. My mom wrote me a journal and I LOVE It!

Eliza's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 5 ozs
Going home: 7 lbs 10 ozs
5 days: 7 lbs 13 ozs
2 months: 12 lbs 6 ozs
4 months: 17 lbs
5 months: 18 lbs 12 ozs
6 months: 20 lbs 13 ozs
9 months: 24 lbs 3 ozs
12 months: 26 lbs 13 ozs
15 months: 28 lbs
18 months: 29 lbs 3 ozs
2 years: 32 lbs
3 years: 34 lbs

Alice's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 11 oz
2 Months: 13 lbs 10 oz
4 Months: 17 lbs 15 oz
6 Months: 20 lbs 4 oz