Thursday, December 31, 2009

Decade in Review

How did I not realize this was the last day of the decade until just now? Yeah. I guess I haven't been paying attention.

Really? A DECADE has gone by?

Goodness.

I've seen a few people doing a "decade in review" on their blogs, so I thought I'd join in. Though you are getting the edited version because there's a cute little baby who is getting increasingly bored in her bouncy seat... so here we go...

2000: A sophomore in college, I meet my future hubby! We start dating in November.
2001: I travel to Italy, England and Mexico.
2002: My grandma (my last living grandparent) dies, I was very close to her and this is a tough time for me.
2003: I graduate from college, move 75 miles away to be by future-hubby and get a job in the banking industry. I find that my new paycheck - though meager - will pay for weekly mani/pedis - sweet! In July, future-hubby asks me to be his future-wifey.
2004: We get married on January 10th - best day of my life (until recently :). We travel to Spain and Portugal on our honeymoon. I switch jobs in April and start working in the mortgage industry.
2005: Hubby and I move into a pet-friendly apartment and adopt our first furbaby, Maxx Thunderboots.
2006: We adopt our second furbaby, London Belle. We move back to the city where we went to college (and where my family lives) and buy a house. My job transfers me to a local branch and I continue working until August, when I quit to start graduate school.
2007: We travel to Mexico with my family. We travel to Paso Robles, CA, and have one of the best vacas together tasting lots and lots of wine. Our interest in wine turns into a hobby! We buy a hybrid (and lots of wine).
2008: My brother and SIL get married. I travel to Mexico. I graduate with my Master's Degree. We decide to start TTC in the summer. We get pregnant three times, and miscarry three times. First half of year is okay... second half SUCKS A$$.
2009: We get our fourth BFP. Expecting it to turn out just like the previous three, we aren't thrilled. SOMEHOW, this one sticks and after a wonderful pregnancy, our beautiful daughter, Eliza, is born 11/14/09! BEST. YEAR. EVER.

I am a lucky woman, and so very grateful for having such a blessed year. If 2010 is half as good, I will be thrilled!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

4 comments:

Emmy said...

What a great decade review! I hope 2010 is a great year!

... Just got back from Paso with 2 cases of wine!

Happy new year!

Alyssa said...

Wonderful decade in review! I hope the next 10 years are even better :)

Jessie said...

Wow, chica; lots has happened to you in the last ten years! Hope you're having a great New one!

Ruby said...

Great review Ella! I'm sure the next decade will be just as wonderful for you and your DH!

Eliza's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 5 ozs
Going home: 7 lbs 10 ozs
5 days: 7 lbs 13 ozs
2 months: 12 lbs 6 ozs
4 months: 17 lbs
5 months: 18 lbs 12 ozs
6 months: 20 lbs 13 ozs
9 months: 24 lbs 3 ozs
12 months: 26 lbs 13 ozs
15 months: 28 lbs
18 months: 29 lbs 3 ozs
2 years: 32 lbs
3 years: 34 lbs

Alice's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 11 oz
2 Months: 13 lbs 10 oz
4 Months: 17 lbs 15 oz
6 Months: 20 lbs 4 oz