Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I have a preschooler!

World, meet Eliza Margaret: The Preschooler.  


My big 3.75 year old girl went to her first official “full” day (she’s in a half day program) of preschool today.  This mama is happy and proud, and also *omgterrifiedsadlonelyanxioustearynostalgic*.  But ignore all that, that’s just me being a mama bear who isn’t sure about this whole your-kid-grows-up-and-other-people-interact-with-her-without-you-being-there thing that apparently comes with being a parent. Totally didn’t see this coming.

Anyway.

Eliza attends a wonderful little Montessori school about a mile from our home and we are very excited for her (despite what the above might indicate).  I was a Montessori kid through the eighth grade and I absolutely adored it.  I am SO happy for her to get to have this experience, and I might even be just a little bit jealous ;)  Her classroom is AWESOME!

So, today was day one! It seems that it went well, though I got very little information about her morning when I picked her up.  Here is what she said: “I ate one carrot and one cracker and I drank water out of my mug that Aunt Mary made me, and I polished glass.  I did not go outside but I think I will tomorrow.” Alrighty then!

Here are a few photos of the big morning drop-off…



Sort of a holdie-outie fail, but I still love her smile.

Kissing sister goodbye.

Greeting her teacher.

Big girl walking down to her locker (students greet their teacher in the school lobby and then walk independently to their locker where they put on their school shoes and enter their classroom - no helicopter parents allowed!)

No comments:

Eliza's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 5 ozs
Going home: 7 lbs 10 ozs
5 days: 7 lbs 13 ozs
2 months: 12 lbs 6 ozs
4 months: 17 lbs
5 months: 18 lbs 12 ozs
6 months: 20 lbs 13 ozs
9 months: 24 lbs 3 ozs
12 months: 26 lbs 13 ozs
15 months: 28 lbs
18 months: 29 lbs 3 ozs
2 years: 32 lbs
3 years: 34 lbs

Alice's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 11 oz
2 Months: 13 lbs 10 oz
4 Months: 17 lbs 15 oz
6 Months: 20 lbs 4 oz