Wednesday, June 26, 2013

One Month!

Our littlest member of the family is one month old!  I can already feel the second child guilt creeping in... it's that little voice that says "you haven't taken as many photos of her...", "you don't blog about her like you did about Eliza...".

Make it stop!

It's true, though...  I think!?  One thing that is certain is that I take way more photos of Alice on my iPod than with the big camera.  *sigh*  I just can't juggle a three year old, a baby AND the SLR, OKAY???

Anyway, on with it.

Alice, you are 30 whole days old (as of yesterday - go me). You have been quite busy this first month of life.  We were out and about as of 4 days old!  The day after we came home from the hospital we took a walk to Walgreens.  Your mama just can't seem to sit still very long.  Since then we've been to many a park play date, to the cabin, to a street fair, to more restaurants than any other baby of your age (just a guess!), to friends' houses, on walks around the neighborhood, to your sister's swim classes and to her dance classes (and rehearsals and recitals too!), and everywhere in between (like, you know, Target and the grocery store and the doctor's office).  You are a baby on the go.  You are most happy when you are strapped to me in some way.  You've tested out almost all of the 8 babywearing slings/wraps/etc we own (I told you it's a sickness!), and you are cool with all of them.  You sleep away all tucked up close to me and I smell your sweet head, and I. love. every. minute.  You seem to, too :)

You are such a sweet girl, and you are very willing to just roll with us and our on-the-go ways.  You are only a month old and yet it feels like a lifetime ago that you were born in that hospital room with your family surrounding you.  I love your sweet babyness so much.  I had forgotten how amazing babies are.  You really are an amazing little creature and we love you so much.  Thank you for filling the space in our little family - you fit it perfectly and we can't wait to get to know you better.

Here are some photos from Alice's first month:















No comments:

Eliza's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 5 ozs
Going home: 7 lbs 10 ozs
5 days: 7 lbs 13 ozs
2 months: 12 lbs 6 ozs
4 months: 17 lbs
5 months: 18 lbs 12 ozs
6 months: 20 lbs 13 ozs
9 months: 24 lbs 3 ozs
12 months: 26 lbs 13 ozs
15 months: 28 lbs
18 months: 29 lbs 3 ozs
2 years: 32 lbs
3 years: 34 lbs

Alice's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 11 oz
2 Months: 13 lbs 10 oz
4 Months: 17 lbs 15 oz
6 Months: 20 lbs 4 oz