Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Birthday Recap

I celebrated my birthday this weekend:


It was - by far - the best one yet, thanks to this lovely little person:


Oh!  And her daddy made it pretty special, too:


We had a lovely day as a family of three.  Went to the winter farmer's market downtown and got lots of nummy winter market treats like chocolate, smoked trout, cheese and coffee, while Eliza happily slept in the Bjorn for daddy:


My cousin was in town from the west coast (which was a rare treat!) for my birthday and she finally got to meet Eliza!  All the ladies in the family (except my SIL, who couldn't make it) went out for lunch at a fun little restaurant to help me celebrate my birthday.  It was so wonderful - three generations of women sat around that table.  How lucky we are to be happy and healthy and together.

This picture isn't the greatest - I had my small camera with me.

Eliza was busy studying the stripes on my cousin's sweater.

It was a wonderful weekend.  My husband made me dinner and bought us a fantastic bottle of wine on Saturday night, and on Sunday we took a *spectacular* nap as a family, which might actually have been my favorite part of the weekend - what can I say?  I love sleep.  This weekend the birthday celebration continues (we celebrate the birthday WEEK in this family ;) with another hubby-made meal on Saturday and a massage for mama at the spa.

What more could a girl ask for?

Answer --> Not a thing.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Happy Happy belated birthday!!! Ok I just want to gnaw on Eliza's chubby wittle legs in that pic!

You are looking great - so radiant! I'm glad this birthday is the one you have everything you've wished for and more -- many more years of that to come! :)

Alyssa said...

Happy birthday! Your celebration sounds perfect :)

Jessie said...

What a beautiful day! I'm so happy for you :D

Emmy said...

Perfect... and I'm jealous, in many ways. You look gorgeous in the pics. Your happiness shines through.

Happy birthday!

Sanchez Stories said...

Happy Belated Birthday ~ just another thing we have in common, my B-day is in March too! GEE WIZ!
I think you are younger than I am, but I don't remember if I know how old you are! Glad you had a wonderful day, and I'm so thrilled that your family of 3 is enjoying the blessings you have been given!

Yes, NM is lovely, you'll have to come back soon!
I still haven't been to Ojo, but I want to go this year, the previous years were spent trying to plan our family... You know the drill!
Dre

Jessica said...

Glad you had a wonderful birthday!

Eliza's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 5 ozs
Going home: 7 lbs 10 ozs
5 days: 7 lbs 13 ozs
2 months: 12 lbs 6 ozs
4 months: 17 lbs
5 months: 18 lbs 12 ozs
6 months: 20 lbs 13 ozs
9 months: 24 lbs 3 ozs
12 months: 26 lbs 13 ozs
15 months: 28 lbs
18 months: 29 lbs 3 ozs
2 years: 32 lbs
3 years: 34 lbs

Alice's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 11 oz
2 Months: 13 lbs 10 oz
4 Months: 17 lbs 15 oz
6 Months: 20 lbs 4 oz