Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday

Thank you all for the car seat advice. I've started putting her in the car seat just to hang out while we're at home over the last day. She still fights it, but a couple of times she has tolerated it for a few minutes before screaming. Then, this morning, when I MADE her leave the house with me to go visit my mom at work (I know, the HORROR), she only screamed for 5 minutes out of the 10 minute drive there! So, maybe we're getting somewhere...? Time will tell, I guess. But thank you for the support - it helps. Any new tips or suggestions are still welcome!

Tonight, hubby and I are going to an event for our favorite local public radio station. They are having a birthday party and invited a few different bands to play. I'm most excited to see Mason Jennings. My parents are watching Eliza for us. Better go get ready!

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Glad you're making progress with the car seat thing. Have fun tonight!

Grace said...

Does she take a pacifier? It seems like maybe not, but that has always been James' little treat in the carseat, he gets to have his pacifier, and it usually keeps him pretty calm... So you can give her some toys and she'll start to be interested in those. Sorry about the screaming :-( That's rough...

B MoM said...

Just yesterday, as I was driving to town (20 mins away) I noticed that kaua was being very quiet in his caraway. I figured he fell asleep, but when I glanced in the mirror, I saw that he was sitting contentedly and apparently gazing out the window. He was even cooing. He has discovered the windows! Maybe Ella will too? Doesn't work always though, today he threw a fit coming home from town. He was extra cranky from being woken up from a nap though.

Eliza's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 5 ozs
Going home: 7 lbs 10 ozs
5 days: 7 lbs 13 ozs
2 months: 12 lbs 6 ozs
4 months: 17 lbs
5 months: 18 lbs 12 ozs
6 months: 20 lbs 13 ozs
9 months: 24 lbs 3 ozs
12 months: 26 lbs 13 ozs
15 months: 28 lbs
18 months: 29 lbs 3 ozs
2 years: 32 lbs
3 years: 34 lbs

Alice's Stats

Birth: 8 lbs 11 oz
2 Months: 13 lbs 10 oz
4 Months: 17 lbs 15 oz
6 Months: 20 lbs 4 oz